Our client the fastest growing CDMO worldwide. For their site in the greater Stuttgart area, the company is searching for a Site Procurement Manager (m/f/d). Join the global leader in drug development and delivery and contribute to the development of nearly 200 products we launch annually or help deliver over 7,000 products to patients around the world. Our client is an exciting and growing international company where experts work directly with the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries and healthcare providers of various sizes to advance new medicines from the early stages of development through clinical trials to market for the benefit of patients worldwide.
Site Procurement Manager
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- For Graduates
- English (C1)
- Bachelor's degree
- By agreement
Description and responsibilities
- Partnering with Category leadership to develop and execute strategies globally or regionally.
- Providing leadership, engagement, and development of site procurement team.
- Supporting global procurement initiatives as well as leads site-level initiatives for supplier management, supplier quality & supplier performance improvement.
- Performing a full risk assessment of the supply base and developing mitigation and management plan.
- Partnering with engineering and Global Capex Category Management for RFP, supplier selection, negotiation, and contract execution.
- Inviting suppliers to provide solutions and cost proposals for the business requirements of our client.
- Evaluating proposals, making supplier recommendations, selecting suppliers, and handling contracts for key stakeholders.
- Leveraging and negotiating pricing on combined volumes of purchases at various locations with industry-leading suppliers to reduce the cost of goods and overheads.
- Prioritizing savings opportunities and takes a unified approach with our various purchasing locations globally or regionally to meet with the potential suppliers and get the lowest possible total cost to deliver cost savings.
- Providing regular value contribution reporting to the Site Leadership Team with regards to the site and the organization.
- Providing spend, savings & value contribution reporting, actual v target monthly.
- Partnering with Finance to define and implement a PPV process.
- Communicating price changes and/or discrepancies and determine financial impact.
- Optimizing cash by extending supplier payment terms and/or negotiating term discounts.
- Optimizing the supply base through consolidation.
- Increasing spend under contract. Negotiating supply agreements with vendors improving commercial conditions.
- Being responsible for the Procurement controllership on site.
- Being responsible for ensuring the supplier adheres to the Terms & Conditions specified on the purchase order and resolving challenges, for implementing the Procurement guidelines on-site and contributing to its local deployment.
- Complying with and follows all procedures within the company Security, EHS, and Global Trade policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, or comparable disciplines.
- Masters preferred Industry certifications a plus.
- Several years of progressive international experience and career advancement in procurement or comparable function.
- Global Procurement experience preferred but not essential.
- Global Operations, finance, and matrix management experience preferred but not essential.
- Our client is the fastest growing CDMO in the world
- The company offers excellent international career opportunities in a global and diverse team together with great employee development programmes
- The company is operating globally operating and is broadly positioned in different business units
- You will work in a role with a great variety of international tasks where your expertise is acknowledged
- There is a lot of space to implement new structures to enhance international procurement processes
- Become a part of a company who who helps to develop, launch, and supply over 200 new medications for any kind of desease each year
Site Procurement Manager